Have you seen the hashtag #MOMFAIL?
Maybe you have, maybe not.
Maybe you have thought about posting it yourself.
Maybe you have seen it and thought, “Wow, I can’t believe she put that for everyone to see”.
Do you try to hide your mom fails?
I think we all try to hide our failures at times if we are honest with each other and ourselves.
Life is not always perfect. Life is not always the way we plan it. But you do not have to feel like a failure because of these things.
- You could feed everyone off the floor of the house or the van.
- The laundry is piled so high that you are taking clothes out of the pile to wear and saying it’s ok the wrinkles will fall out.
- You realize the door was open the entire time you were gone to the store.
- The flies in the house are out numbering the people inside.
- You get to church or school and someone in the vehicle does not have shoes.
- You forget a sporting event or practice.
- You stop at the store to get a present on the way to the birthday party.
- When you look in the mirror and say did I really look like this all day?
- The kids are still in their pj’s at 4 in the afternoon.
- Bible time with the family is more like a wrestling match with the little kids.
- When you can’t hear yourself think because the noise in the house or car is so loud so you just turn up the volume to the radio and sing like you don’t hear any of them.
- When you have warmed up your coffee so many times you can’t remember.
- Instead of using gentle words to turn away wrath you let harsh words slip or scream out of your mouth because of anger.
- You watch the workout videos but can’t seem to get up and do them.There are days that I feel like I am so far from the Proverbs 31 woman. I wonder if this is normal. Do all moms feel this way or is it just me? Am I the only one failing at this mom thing? I make excuses that it is normal and that other moms are not as put together as they appear. It helps in the moment lol..Do you feel like mothering is a test? Will you make it through the day?
Do you feel this way?
Do you secretly put #MOMFAIL on your day once or more?
If so, you are not alone.
Remember that when you have failed, there is always tomorrow.
In our mothering journeys there will be times that we feel overwhelmed, frustrated, stressed, and like failures. We go through seasons that can seem to last forever or change as fast as they come on. There will be waves that we will need to just ride out to the end. But know that today will come to an end and there will be a new day tomorrow. You may find yourself needing to change something around to make things go smoothly or work at all. What works for one mom may not work for you, and some advice will work like a charm. Try different things. If it works praise the Lord and keep on, if it doesn’t then move on to the next suggestion and pray for it to be the trick. Try not to work on to many things at a time. Focus on one thing and then move on to another that way you don’t get overwhelmed and want to forget it all.
Psalm 139 “You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.
Give yourself grace. If you have one child or multiple children give yourself grace. One step at a time. You can accomplish many things if you don’t overload yourself and remember that you are not perfect and neither are your children. I have to remind myself this all the time.
Remember that the world may be against you, but God is for you!
Some days I will pray very specifically for my children and myself to be a better mother, and somedays I feel like the devil will be working overtime on me. I mean lets face it, the devil hates us who love the Lord and seek after him. He wants all your days to be #MOMFAILS. He loves it when you feel like a failure, when you end up locked out of the house when it is pouring rain or over 100 degrees, when you don’t have food ready and the kids are all screaming, and when you can’t sit in church because of the baby who will not sit in church quietly or stay in the nursery without you.
Romans 8:31 “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?”
Be reassured that nothing can separate us from the love of God.
Know that just because the day did not go as planned or maybe you didn’t have a #MOMWIN at all that God’s love gives us the courage and grace to do it all again the next day. We can get up in the morning and do it over and make this day better. His mercies are new every single day!
Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.”
Find something good in the day like..
- You vacuumed the floor
- Everyone had on clothes when you left the house and arrived where you were going.
- No one was hurt or needed an emergency room visit.
- Your little one said his prayers.
- Teeth were brushed and maybe everyones hair.
- The clothes you wore didn’t smell bad.
- You cuddled with your kids and heard the words “I Love You MOM!”.
- You saw excitement in your childs eyes when they did something alone even though they made a mess.
- You finished your cup of coffee. Even if it was at dinner time.
- Your son’s aim is getting better in the bathroom. 🙂
- Your daughter left her dress down during church instead of showing everyone her panties.
- Your son actually went to the restroom instead of pulling his pants down outside on the playground.
- The way those little arms feel wrapped around your neck.
- You see your children playing together and not hurting one another.You are blessed!
You are too blessed to be stressed!
On days when you feel like #MOMFAIL be encouraged that there is hope. There is grace, hope, and encouragement in God’s word and know that God is with you weather you are having a #MOMFAIL or #MOMWIN. Find hope in Him!