There’s nothing quite like moist gooey chocolate chip cookie bars. Add some pecans and you have a recipe for a deliciously good time.
I’m ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille…
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup nuts salted almonds are my favorite
- 1 package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Grind nuts into a fine powder, via blender, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugars and butter for several minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Lastly, add the nuts and chocolate chips and stir again.
- Place cookie dough in a 9x13” baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 16-21 minutes.
- Let the bars cool in the pan. Enjoy!