There’s nothing quite like moist gooey chocolate chip cookie bars. Add some pecans and you have a recipe for a deliciously good time.
I’m ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille…
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup nuts salted almonds are my favorite
- 1 package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Grind nuts into a fine powder, via blender, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugars and butter for several minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Lastly, add the nuts and chocolate chips and stir again.
- Place cookie dough in a 9x13” baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 16-21 minutes.
- Let the bars cool in the pan. Enjoy!
Our family and friends really enjoyed this recipe! We made it for my son’s 3 year old birthday. We used raw almonds for the nuts. Thanks! 🙂
Great recipe! I used walnuts and dark chocolate and only 2 cups of flour. I sprinkled flaky salt on the top before baking. I used a dark pan and baked at 350 and they were perfect at exactly 16 minutes (my oven usually takes longer than recipes call for, so be make sure to check). These got rave reviews–many thanks for sharing!