This soup was made by my mom my entire life. It is easy, cheap, and delicious – every quality a busy mom needs in her arsenal. To this day it remains my mom’s favorite version of potato soup and I’m happy to share it with you today.
- Slow Cooker
- 6 cups diced potatoes
- 2.5 cups water
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp chicken bullion
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1.5 cup shredded cheese Or use 10 slices american cheese
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Put all ingredients except cheese and milk into a crockpot or slow cooker of your choice.
- Cook on low for 9-11 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Add cheese and milk, stir, and put the lid back on.
- Cook for another 30 minutes.