The cream cheese mixed with the jalapeños is the perfect combination of tang and spice. Canned chicken will make it come together in no time. You will not regret making this casserole. So easy to make and absolutely delicious. Everybody loved it!
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut and salted
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 16 oz bowtie pasta cooked
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese you may also use cheddar or colby jack
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 /2 cup milk
- 3 jalapeños save 1 for the top of the casserole
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 tsp salt in sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a pan, heat the cream cheese, chicken broth, and milk. Stir and heat until the cream cheese is fully melted.
- Add in the pepper jack cheese and stir to melt.
- Stir in the pasta and the diced jalapeños (remember to save one jalapeño for the top of the casserole).
- Mix in the cooked chicken and pour into a freezer pan. Top the casserole with breadcrumbs, shredded cheddar cheese, remaining diced jalapeños, and bacon bits. Cover the casserole and place in freezer.
- To reheat, set oven to 350. Place the casserole in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.