The cream cheese mixed with the jalapeños is the perfect combination of tang and spice. Canned chicken will make it come together in no time. You will not regret making this casserole. So easy to make and absolutely delicious. Everybody loved it!
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut and salted
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 16 oz bowtie pasta cooked
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese you may also use cheddar or colby jack
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 /2 cup milk
- 3 jalapeños save 1 for the top of the casserole
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 tsp salt in sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a pan, heat the cream cheese, chicken broth, and milk. Stir and heat until the cream cheese is fully melted.
- Add in the pepper jack cheese and stir to melt.
- Stir in the pasta and the diced jalapeños (remember to save one jalapeño for the top of the casserole).
- Mix in the cooked chicken and pour into a freezer pan. Top the casserole with breadcrumbs, shredded cheddar cheese, remaining diced jalapeños, and bacon bits. Cover the casserole and place in freezer.
- To reheat, set oven to 350. Place the casserole in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
Photo by Jonathan Pielmayer on Unsplash
Photo by Phillip Larking on Unsplash
Made this tonight for the fam and it was delicious! I only used one half jalapeño and didn’t bother with the bacon bits but have to say that the panko crunch is definitely required.
SO good!! I mean, come on….there’s cream cheese in the sauce!
The recipe says 1/2 cup milk. You said you used 1 1/2 cup. ? I just don’t want to mess it up.
For the amount of pasta, I would use the 1 1/2 cups of milk for the sauce.
Love all your recipes. Website is fabulous. One quick question. Is it 1/2 cup milk or 1.5 cups milk ? The recipe says one and the video says another. Thank you. Keep up the good work 🧡