This Korean and Rice bowl is one of the easiest and most delicious meals that you will make. It is a family favorite, kid friendly, and a crowd pleaser. You cannot go wrong with this dish.
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced or jarred
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- 3 cups cooked rice or more
- In a skillet, brown the beef and garlic together.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients except rice in a separate bowl.
- Stir sauce into beef, heat through.
- Cool and put into freezer gallon bags. Freeze until ready to eat.
- To serve, thaw and reheat. Serve over rice.
Photo by Roman Bonaparte on Unsplash
OMELG! That was UH-MAY-ZING! I threw it in the crockpot and let it go.
Made this tonight and added a little cabbage while I was adding the sauce to the beef! So good!!! Super filling dinner and plenty left over for lunches tomorrow!!
The whole family loved it! I cannot wait to make again and add some extras to the recipe! We were thinking snap peas or broccoli and maybe green onions on top! So quick and easy and we had almost everything on hand.
I will be trying this very soon.
Delicious! I like to add a bag of coleslaw mix (which is essentially just cabbage and carrots), while the beef is cooking and it’s so easy to get some veggies in.