My Grandpa always made this chicken and rice dish called Chicken and Rice Roger because it was cheap and delicious. I took his original recipe and tweaked it to have a Mexican flair but still keep it frugal for feeding a large family. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 10x15 Glass baking dish
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 8 pieces chicken thighs on the bone
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 2 diced chipotles in adobo
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Layer the raw rice, onion, and raw chicken in the casserole dish.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour liquid over the chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Dish up and serve with a salad or your favorite veggie side.