What is the Secret to Super Soft Rolls?
There’s nothing quite like soft fluffy potato rolls on a Sunday evening. Gather your family, and get ready to see these lovely rolls disappear faster than… uh, something that is really fast! Like a cheetah. Because cheetahs are fast, you know?
But seriously, you’re gonna love this recipe.
- Stand mixer optional
- 2 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ½ cup mashed potatoes
- 2 ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup dry milk powder
- 5-6 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Let yeast and water sit in a mixer with the dough hook attachment for 5 minutes
- Once yeast is activated, combine all ingredients into the mixer. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Place dough into a greased mixing bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel. Let rise for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Shape dough into 30 rolls. Place rolls onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake the rolls in the oven for 18-22 minutes.
- Take rolls out of the oven. Immediately, spread with butter. Enjoy!
- If you want to freeze the rolls, let them cool completely, put them in a ziploc bag and place them in the freezer.