I’ve been making this bread for years, and it’s my favorite.
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir and cover with plastic wrap for 8-24 hours at room temperature.
- The dough should be wet and bubbly. Turn out the dough onto a floured counter and form into a ball. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a 3 quart dutch oven to 450°.
- Sprinkle raw corn meal in the empty dutch oven. Put dough on top of the corn meal. Score an “x” on the top. Put the lid on dutch oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Take cover off and let cook for another 15 minutes.
- Let it rest for at least an hour before slicing. Dip into soup and enjoy.