This meal has the perfect balance of flavor and spice. Not only is this take on a Jambalaya super quick and easy but also delicious and bound to leave you wanting seconds.
- 16 oz sliced kielbasa
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 bags cauliflower rice 20 ounces in total
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined with tails on
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- lemon juice to serve
- Preheat the oven to 425. Add the kielbasa, onion, bell pepper, olive oil and a teaspoon of Cajun seasoning into a large sheet pan.
- Toss the vegetables and sausage to make sure they are well coated.
- Place the pan in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and sausage from the oven. Add the tomato paste and mix in with the vegetables.
- Add the cauliflower rice and the remaining Cajun seasoning to the pan. Toss the rest of the ingredients in the pan.
- Place in the oven for another 15-20 minutes. Occasionally stir until the cauliflower rice is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the raw shrimp on top of the jambalaya and place the butter on the top.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for 5-7 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through and pink. Top with a squeeze of lemon juice.
The family loved this recipe. Will definitely make this again. I personally can’t have the Cajun seasoning but it was still super yummy for me as well with basic salt and pepper.
My Family of 6 LOVED this! I need to make a bigger batch next time, they were all wanting more. 4 teenagers, need I say more?
This recipe is excellent!
We will be adding this to our favorites.
Tried this a few weeks ago as this is fairly keto – I had to make my own Cajun seasoning as I can’t really get it here in the uk. OMG this is the nicest caulirice dish I’ve made so far. I was about to just right off liking any of them but I ended up making 5 portions and had it daily. Making again with some yellow sticker caulirice later! My only request is to ask your web person to enable a metric conversion for people outside the US. Thanks Christine
Fantastic! Perfect for my gluten free girls! Everyone loved it. Making it again tomorrow for my mother-in-love’s 85th birthday.