We all love slow cooker meals. What I especially love about this slow cooker, creole chicken, meal is how light, flavorful, and filling it is. The red beans and chicken provide an abundance of protein, which can often be difficult to convince your children to eat. You can serve this creole chicken with the bone-in or remove and shred it before serving to make for easier consumption. Either choice will be delicious.
Should you choose to serve the creole chicken over my special, Baked Rice, give yourself approximately one and a half hours for bake time. The combination of these will provide a delicious meal that all will enjoy.
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 2.5 lbs bone in chicken leg quarters/thighs/drumsticks
- 2-3 tbsp creole seasoning
- 1 can drained and rinsed red beans
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 green bell peppers chopped
- 3.5 cups chicken or veggie broth
- rice for serving
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 TBSP of the cajun seasoning.
- Place broth, beans, pepper, tomato, and remaining seasoning in the slow cooker.
- Put chicken on top of the mixture
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on top of cooked rice and with some tobacco sauce!