This hearty Texas-style meal will soon become a family favorite. It’s packed with flavor and a nice assortment of vegetables , beans, and meat.
And just look at that texture…
Hungry yet? Well, let’s get started…
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 diced celery stalks
- 3 Tbsp chili powder heaping
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 TBSP worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp your favorite hot sauce
- 15 oz cooked kidney beans
- Wash and dice all vegetables.
- In a large soup pot, saute the onions, celery and garlic for 5 minutes. Add ground beef and brown, breaking up the large chunks often.
- When meat is fully cooked, add all of the ingredients except for the beans. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and let simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice, if you’d like. Add cheese, sour cream and enjoy.